Raw Vegan Day
Ready?! Let’s do this!
As soon as I wake up in the morning, I drink 32 ounces of water with the juice of one lemon or lime squeezed into it. My pre-gym breakfast is a plate full of my favorite fruit: watermelon! After the gym, I have either a smoothie bowl or a protein shake. Read on for my favorite smoothie bowl recipe! Before lunch, I have an apple alone or with two teaspoons of raw almond butter. Lunch is a vibrant and delicious fruit salad! The toppings depend on what’s in season, but I’ve included one recipe as an example. Play with it and use fruits you love! I snack on three romaine hearts either alone or with a pint of cherry tomatoes before dinner. For dinner, I love making raw nori wraps! I’m including that recipe here too. Check out the YouTube video see how bright and yummy they look!
Raw Smoothie Bowl
2 frozen bananas
1 pack frozen acai
2 tbsp plant protein powder
1 cup fresh spinach
1/2 cup water
- Blend all of the ingredients except the toppings until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl. Decorate with your favorite toppings! Check out the video to see the combination I used.
Vibrant Fruit Salad
4 cups spinach
1 cup arugula
1/4 cup red onion
1/2 cup blueberries
1 handful almonds
- Spread out the spinach on a large plate. Spread the arugula on top of the spinach.
- Cut the apricots, nectarines, peaches, and figs into bite-sized pieces. Finely slice the red onion.
- Top the greens with the fruit, onion, and almonds.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over your salad. Enjoy!
Raw Nori Wraps
1 red bell pepper
1/2 red onion
Cilantro to taste
Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- Julienne the zucchini, bell pepper, and mango. Shred the carrots. Thinly slice the red onion.
- Lay a nori sheet on a flat surface. Arrange the prepared vegetables and fruit on one end of the sheet. Wipe lime juice across the other end of the sheet, roll snugly, then cut in half. Check out the YouTube video to see how I do this!
- Blend all the dressing ingredients well. Serve as a dipping sauce for the nori wraps.
Let me know if you try out these recipes! I can’t wait to hear which one is your favorite.